Wouldn’t it be handy if you could get help with odd jobs around the home? If you are over the age of 60 or disabled then our Handyperson Service is for you.
You can use it as often as you like. The only cost to you is the materials.
What can a handyperson do for me?
- change plugs and sockets
- change light bulbs and strip lights
- clean internal windows (every six weeks)
- build furniture
- patch repairs to plaster
- plumb-in a washing machine
- fix loose carpets/tiles/flooring
- fit smoke alarms/replace batteries
- make small repairs to furniture and fittings
- take down/re-hang curtains and blinds.
Who can use the Handyperson Service?
Speak to your housing officer, or click on the Handyperson Service leaflet, for more details and to find out if you qualify.
How do I book an appointment?
Book an appointment directly with the Handyperson Service on 0800 111 4404. The office is open 8.30am–5pm, Monday to Friday.