Loretto is helping vulnerable tenants stay warm and safe during the winter.
Winter home checks for tenants who are over 60 or disabled will make sure their homes are in good condition, reduce the risk of burst pipes and cut people's fuels bills too.
We will be in touch with everyone who is due a check.
Tips to beat the chill
Make sure you – and your home – are ready for winter. Follow our simple advice to help you stay safe and warm during the cold weather
- If you’re not going to be at home for a period of time, set your heating to come on for a couple of hours a day and leave a key with a friend or neighbour
- Have regular hot drinks and at least one hot meal a day
- Wear several light layers of warm clothes to keep the heat in
- Keep active and wrap up warm if you go outside, draw your curtains at dusk and keep doors closed to block out draughts
- Keep your living room at around 18-21°C (64-70°F) to keep warm and cosy.
Remember to make sure you’ve had your annual gas service to ensure your heating is working properly.
It’s also important to report repairs as soon as you can before they become a bigger problem.
Frozen or burst pipes
If you do have frozen or burst pipes, turn off your close or house mains water supply, if you can. Then tell your neighbours the water supply has been turned off.
Call us 24 hours a day, seven days a week on 0800 952 9292.
Don’t pay too much for your electricity and gas. Our fuel advisors help tenants of all ages find the lowest energy rates. Advisors can also arrange low-cost repayments if you have fallen behind with payments – or, in some cases, get debts written off.
Don't have an account yet?
Sign up for My Loretto. It's safe and secure, and it only takes a few minutes.
Already have an account?
Login securely to My Loretto to book or change your appointment.