We know adjusting to civilian life after military service can be difficult. Our innovative Veterans' Support service is here to help.
We provide the support you need to create a proper place to call home, from housing and health to money advice and helping you settle in to your local community. Our one-to-one mentoring will help you work out your next move.
A veteran is ‘anyone who has performed military service for at least one day and drawn down a day’s pay’.
If you have been in the Army, Royal Air Force or Royal Navy, whether you are regular, part-time or reservist, you qualify as a veteran.
Our service will:
- support veterans who face barriers settling into the community
- offer housing, benefits and budgeting advice
- offer support to access employment and training
- provide referrals and signposts to community groups and health professionals that help with social isolation
- provide crisis intervention.
Wheatley Foundation Veterans' Support is funded by the UK Chancellor using Libor funds.