Other ways to pay
Direct Debit lets you pay at a time and frequency to suit you. We can help you set up your Direct Debit.
If you don’t have a bank account, we can help you get one. Speak to your housing officer or book an appointment to find out more about fee free banking.
Other ways to pay
- Phone – Call us for free 24 hours a day, seven days a week, on 0800 952 9292 to pay by debit or credit card.
- Standing order – Set up a standing order with your bank.
- Post office – Pay at the post office with a Loretto rent payment card.
- PayPoint – Pay at any shop that displays the PayPoint sign.
- Housing Benefit – If you receive full housing benefit, your rent is likely to be paid by your local authority. If you receive partial housing benefit, you are responsible for paying the rest. The UK Government's Welfare Reform changes, will, over time, replace Housing Benefit with Universal Credit. Speak to your housing officer if you need any advice.
When is my rent due?
Rent is paid as soon as you receive the keys to your new home.
Rent is due every month. You can choose to pay each week, fortnight, four-weekly or monthly or you may have an agreed arrangement with your housing officer. It’s up to you.
Our rent calendar shows you when rent is due.
What does my rent pay for?
Rent allows us to keep improving homes, communities and the lives of our tenants. This includes:
- a quality repairs service
- new heating, insulation work, kitchens, bathrooms, windows, roofs and doors
- the environmental services and improvements around your home
- a 24-hour, seven days a week, customer service centre
- expert money, welfare and fuel advice to help you make the most of your money
- helping people into work, education and training.